Sunday, May 27, 2007

At Deaths Door Step

2007.01.13 Shanghai
The digital age... How wonderful, yet, sometimes, so scary! Without it I would not be able to remain close to my beloved when away on business. But with it, the world travels at breakneck speed. At times I feel I do a decent job of keeping pace. At other times I feel woefully inadequate.

I've come to realize that I am always a moment away from my last breath. I know this is not a new realization, but I was reminded once again last night of the fragility of life while experiencing severe chest pains in the midst of fighting either food poisoning or the flu - I'm not sure which it was. I was a little scared, but not about dying, rather, I was afraid for those left in the wake of my passing to deal with the mess.

At any rate, I survived the night and woke to yet another beautiful day here on earth.

We are all just a heartbeat away from giving up this physical form. That is why we must cherish every single moment, breath and heartbeat in our journey in this physical world, in our current form. No one knows what lies beyond; but, no matter, the fact is that we have been given the beautiful opportunity to live as humans with human awareness and consciousness. The chances of our coming into being at all are trillions to one, or at least billions to one... Maybe its far greater than the former number... The point is, it is an unspeakable privilege that we must not squander.

Live each moment as if it is our last. That's all we can do! It is our duty!!!

No comments: